RYSL NOTICE: as of 4.08.20 7:00pm
April 8, 2020
Hello RYSL Members,
We hope this email finds you well during these uncertain times. Thank you for your patience and continued support. While we have received hundreds of positive emails with appreciative feedback, we understand what a difficult time both financially and emotionally this is for our soccer family and are reaching out to address members who have remaining questions and concerns. The RYSL board met via teleconference on April 6th and are writing to clarify & update our refund policy as well as explain the difficult financial decision we were forced to make this spring season. We value each of our members and please know that none of these decisions have been taken lightly or are intended to cause further hardship to our soccer families. We are a non-profit organization and the goal is not to make money, but to serve the community.
First, we'd like to make sure you were aware that RYSL and the California Soccer Park are two separate organizations. We both work together to create the best soccer experience possible for our community. Your registration fees go towards expenses such as uniforms, gear, league fees, bookkeeping, insurance, registration, website maintenance, marketing, and the use of California Soccer Park’s facility. We contract services with the California Soccer Park, which is also facing financial challenges. Sadly, like many of you, over 90% of their employees had to be laid off with the enormous loss of income for the spring. Despite the season being cancelled and/or postponed, RYSL has spent nearly one third of the registration fees paying for contracted services and is anticipating more costs coming in.
The board determined to allow for two options with regards to refunds. The first option was, for those able and/or willing, to donate your registration fees to support the league, and the second option was to provide a 70% refund. We are hoping that between the combination of those two options, the league will remain financially solvent. If we are unable to meet these financial obligations, the league may cease to exist.
Regarding 6U through 10U, these age divisions are part of our in-house league which we have been forced to cancel. Spring season can't be rescheduled to a later date as the California Soccer Park has been closed until turf replacement can be completed. Players can look forward to playing on the new fields in the Fall!
RYSL divisions 12U and above have been included this Spring in CalNorth Soccer District IX’s Walt Zinko Playing League, and as such they are anticipating the possibility of being able to play a late Spring Season during the summer month if restrictions are lifted. Games would not be played at California Soccer Park due to turf replacement.
The following update to RYSL Spring 2020 Refund Policy is as follows:
1. 6U, 8U and 10U, spring 2020 season has been cancelled. The deadline to request your 70% refund has been extended to APRIL 15th. We still need your donation if you are in a position to offer it. There would be no need to respond if you are donating your registration fee, but if you want a 70% refund, follow the instructions below.
Send an email with your players name to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be considered after April 15th for 6U, 8U or 10U.
2. For 12U, 14U, 16U and 19U, who are part of the Walt Zinko Playing League, all information regarding viability of a WZPL late spring season will be first decided by CalNorth District IX. Upon which time, RYSL will communicate all details to older divisions as pertinent information becomes available. Members not able to play in a possible late spring season may request a 70% refund at any time. The board will update a refund deadline for older age divisions at the May 4th meeting or at which time the fate of WZPL’s spring 2020 season is decided.
3. You can continue to read the updates on our website at www.reddingsoccer.com.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: Why are you keeping 30% of my registration when my player didn’t even make it on the field?
Response: We were days away from beginning our spring season and have already incurred and paid for costs such as registrar services, insurance and field reservations. The league must pay for our obligations to remain solvent and therefore is unable to offer 100% refunds.
Question: Why can’t the league just credit me for the fall 2020 season?
Response: Costs for spring 2020 have already been incurred and paid from our spring registration fee. A fall credit would be equivocal to a 100% refund and leave the league unable to fulfill its financial obligations
Question: I bought a punch card(s), can I get a refund for those?
Response: YES! 100% refund is available upon request but please keep in mind those punch cards were sold at a pre-season discounted price and price will go up in the fall. The park will have your purchased punch card(s) available in the office for pick up in fall if you’d like to keep your purchased card.
Question: When will I receive my 70% refund
Response: Expect your refund to be processed by the end of April.
Question: Do I need to request a refund or is it automatically given?
Response: 70% refund must be requested via email, with the name of player included to
Question: When is the refund deadline?
Response: April 15th for 6U, 8U and 10U.*
Question: *What about WZPL players?
Response: RYSL is waiting to hear from District IX about a late spring season, but players not interested in the possible summertime spring season may request a 70% refund. *WZPL player refund deadline will be extended pending a decision made by that league.
Our priority remains to support our soccer community. We wish you the best of health and safety during these challenging times. Unfortunately due to the reduced staffing in the registrar's office and increased amount of correspondence, it is not possible to reply to every individual email. We will continue to do our best to address generalized questions and concerns via our website and mass emails. Thank you again for your understanding and support through these uncharted ventures.
RYSL Board Members
RYSL NOTICE: as of 3.15.20 7:00pm
Redding Youth Soccer League Friends and Families,
As we are all dealing with the ever-changing landscape of life during the COVID-19 pandemic, the RYSL Board of Directors held an emergency meeting Sunday to discuss the spring season of soccer. Here is what was decided:
1. The governing body of RYSL (Cal North Soccer) has suspended all soccer activities until April 15th. We are at least delayed until then.
2. Given that delay, and the overall situation with COVID-19, we are taking the following steps:
1. For U6, U8 and U10 RYSL in-house/non-travel players, we are cancelling Spring 2020 season as it is currently structured. Once the restrictions on public gatherings have been lifted, we are going to work to put together a soccer event to bring the kids back to play.
2. For U12, U14 and U19 RYSL Walt Zinko Playing League/traveling players, we will delay our decision until the week of April 6th. If there is a change in directive regarding public gatherings, these teams would participate in Walt Zinko Playing League.
3. For NSS players, all games and training continue to be suspended until further notice. We will return to practice and play as soon as possible, and as dictated by the leagues in which we play and public health officials.
1. Please consider donating your registration fee to RYSL by not requesting a refund in order to cover costs which have already been incurred.
2. For U6, U8 and U10 RYSL Players:
1. A 70% Refund will be offered by request. To request a refund please email email@example.com. Include the player name(s) for which a refund is requested.
2. Refund requests for U6, U8 and U10 RYSL players shall be accepted until April 5th. After April 5th, no refunds will be granted for these divisions.
3. For U12, U14 and U19 RYSL players:
1. Refunds will be considered after a decision is made regarding the season the week of April 6th.
4. For NSS players:
1. Work with your coaches regarding the status of fees paid.
5. Next steps
1. Expect further communication from RYSL the week of April 6th regarding this developing situation.
2. Thank you for your patience and support of RYSL and the Redding soccer community. We look forward to the eventual return to play for all kids.
RYSL NOTICE: as of 3.12.20 3:50pm
This morning, State health officials released a statement regarding the COVID-19 pandemic which included the following:
The state’s public health experts have determined that gatherings should be postponed or canceled across the state until at least the end of March. Non-essential gatherings must be limited to no more than 250 people, while smaller events can proceed only if the organizers can implement social distancing of 6 feet per person.
In keeping with the recommendations from public health officials regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, RYSL will be suspending all league activities from now until March 31st. This includes cancellation of all practices and games for all RYSL and NSS teams and all team/club related activities. As we get further information, we will keep you informed.
As the situation develops, the RYSL Board will meet to determine how we can re-shape the season going into April and communicate that to all of you. Stay healthy and work on those small touches in your backyards!
Sincerely, RYSL and NSS
RYSL NOTICE: as of 3.13.20 1:45pm
The RYSL board is considering all options to address this season and will communicate further information over the next week. We will not be able to answer any questions about this season until we have had a chance to meet and discuss how we will handle this unprecedented event. Please be patient and remember that we are an all-volunteer board who all love soccer and are working to find solutions in very challenging circumstances.